1) Create a New Project
2) Change the name to be: "yourname_aug27_tutorial" and sure everything else looks just like this.
3) Click on "File-->Place" to bring in the image called 'polish cat'
4) Select 'polishcat' saved in the folder on your Desktop
5) Click on the "checkmark" at the top right part of the screen to accept the image OR hit the "Return/Enter" key on your keyboard.
6) Double click the Lock on the Background Layer to bring up this window. Click "Ok".
7) Double click the layer called "polishcat" to bring up this window. We will be adding a "Drop Shadow" effect to the picture.
8) Click the "Drop Shadow" tab. Adjust the Opacity and Size to a desired effect.
9) Now you can see the shadow at the bottom of the picture. Notice in the Layers box, that the Drop Shadow is indicated. Click the "Line Segment" tool in the toolbar.
10) Adjust the "Weight" to 8 px. Hold down "Shift", then click+drag your mouse across the screen just below the bottom edge of the picture to make your first line segment.
11) Change to the Selection (Arrow) tool in the toolbar. Hold down Shift+Option and click+drag the first line segment. Notice that another line segment is created.
12) Click on the "T" for the text tool. Click in the blank white space between the two lines and start typing your 6-word story.
13) Go back to the Selection tool. Make sure the Text layer is highlighted in light blue. Click on the text in your image and move it around until centered in the blank white space.
14) If you want to change the font size or type, select the "T" text tool and click anywhere in the text. Highlight your text, then go to the menus at the top of the screen to change the font.
15) When you are done, it will look like this!
16) To save it to your computer, go to File-->Save As...
17) Make sure the Save As: field says, "yourname_aug27_tutorial", change the format to JPEG, and the Where: to Desktop. Then click Save.